Monday, September 13, 2010

Module 6 - Creative Communication






This module we were introduced to two great online tools.... Well at least one great online tool.

Where do I begin with Bubbl.us??? FOr me this havs been a frustrating process as I have been unable to access this tool both at school and at home. As a local administrator at school and as facilitator of this course I found it frustrating trying to upload lastest versions of flash to access this online tool. In the end we are still waiting for the update to come from a higher power. From watching the videos on Bubbl.us I can see that there are many benifits to this tool and how we could use it in our classrooms. Any online mind mapping tools are always helpful in organising ideas and opinions abotu a topic..... IF ONLY I COULD ACCESS IT! :)

Glogster

What an amazing tool!
A ‘glog’ is an online poster or web page. Not to be confused with a BLOG... Glogs are online posters that users can combine text, pictures, graphics, video, and audio to create an interactive online poster. It can be embed into a wiki, blog, school or class web site.

This is a wonderful tool that can be used by children of all ages to display knowledge in new and exciting ways. Glogster allows for a multi-modal approach to literacy, offering a domain for teachers and students to express their understanding of reading, writing and comprehending using different technologies. Glogster also allows for students to become knowledge creators, a key component of the iLearn Model and Blooms Digital Taxonomy.

What a wonderful tool for students.... and teachers!




I had a great time playing with this tool and I can't wait to introduce it to the students next Term... after I get married that is! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment