Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Module 8 - RSS me happy!

RSS


I have always wondered what that little orange button with the letters RSS was!


RSS feeders are new and efficient ways to keep up with all of the new and exciting information that is online. Our energetic friend at Techonrati once again comes to our aid when trying to discover more about the different Web2.0 tools and move from the 'old slow way' to the 'new fast way'. I have spent many minutes visiting sites to see if they have been updated in the past as many of us have. With RSS this eliminates this time wasting by getting the websites to send you any updates or changes that have been made on the site. This is a great way to monitor students blogs and see what they are doing and how their ideas or work is progressing.


Google Reader

Once again Google has the answers! How did I not know about Google Reader?? The first great use I can think of for it is the Web2.0 Course. What a fabulous way to keep up to date with all of my fellow St Kevin's Bloggers! What is even better is that because Blogger and Google are online 'buddies' all the blogs I follow on Blogger automatically appear on my Google Reader! I must admit that a life without Google would not be pretty!


Take a look at my print screen!




What will they think of next?











1 comment:

  1. Clever stuff, hey? I am yet to experience the magic off rss- as you are a module ahead of me- but it sounds like another very practical, time saving tool. I have played a little with google reader when trying to keep up to date with reading blogs I am following. It has been particularly useful, especially when viewing blogs on my iPhone as it allowed me to quickly & easily read all newly added posts in one document- instead of having to individually access each blog online, which can be quite time consuming!

    ReplyDelete